Corporate M&A Associates/Senior Associates
Practice Area: Corporate M&A
Position type: Permanent
Firm: Mason Hayes & Curran LLP is a leading Irish law firm based in Dublin with offices in San Francisco, New York and London. We are a business law firm with extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of Irish corporate life and with particular focus on the Energy, Technology, Financial Services, Built Environment, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Charities sectors.
We are seeking ambitious Associates and Senior Associates with between 2 and 7 years’ PQE for exciting and rewarding roles in our growing Corporate practice. We have benefitted from sustained client demand which is enabling us to offer multiple roles across the department.
Each successful candidate will be fully integrated into a partner led team and supported by that partner. They will also have the opportunity to work with a range of our other 14 Corporate partners.
The MHC Corporate department is recognised as a leading adviser in Ireland on all types of domestic and international corporate transactions for public companies, private companies and national and multinational bodies across a broad range of industry sectors. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest, most high-profile, innovative and complex transactions in the Irish market and internationally. MHC advises internationally renowned clients on public and private M&A, investment transactions, shareholders’ agreements, private equity, venture capital, and we provide ongoing advice to clients on other Corporate legal matters. We consider ourselves the best at what we do and we are eager to foster a new generation of practitioners toward excellence in this rewarding career.
We appreciate the pressures felt by our lawyers and all new recruits will be offered a dedicated (non-reporting) partner mentor to assist them in integrating and thriving at MHC.
We are in an exciting growth phase which offers exceptional career progression opportunities for junior and mid-level lawyers, including the ability to seek out a preferred niche practice and to develop and hone your legal skills We invite you to grow your career with us.
- 2 to 7 years + PQE with relevant experience from an international or Irish law firm
- Love of and interest in Corporate M&A work
- Ambitious to progress in your career
- Strong work ethic
- Progressed drafting and written communication skills
- Willingness to take responsibility and show initiative
Responsibilities of role
- Drafting and negotiating deal documents required in respect of the types of Corporate transactions listed above (among others)
- Running all elements of transactions with an appropriate level of partner guidance to the extent required
- Advising our clients on ongoing advisory matters
- Managing due diligence exercises and carrying out or overseeing relevant elements of due diligence
- Managing more junior Associates / Senior Associates on deal teams and in the wider Corporate Department
- Partaking in business development, education, and marketing initiatives
- At MHC, we are proud of our culture and value the organisation’s friendly and informal working atmosphere. We encourage staff involvement at all levels and are committed to fostering a climate of open communication across the firm
- At MHC, we offer flexible working arrangements, including fully or partly remote working and part time options
- As a leading progressive law firm, we are offering an excellent remuneration and benefits package including pension, healthcare, bonus aimed to reward high performance
- The successful candidate will have access to an enviable client base and strong career progression opportunities
- Excellent and regular social events and a range of different types of clubs (sporting and other) in MHC plus other initiatives, such as our award-winning Green Month and our on-going employee wellness program Working on Wellness (WOW)
- In MHC Corporate, there is an excellent knowledge and education programme, which will greatly assist the successful candidate in their development as a lawyer