Legal Researcher (12-month contract)
Mason Hayes & Curran LLP is a leading Irish law firm based in Dublin with offices in San Francisco, New York and London. We are a business law firm with extensive knowledge and experience in the following sectors: Technology, Energy, Financial Services, Built Environment and Healthcare & Life Sciences.
We are looking to hire a researcher to support our Library and Knowledge teams on a full-time basis, to assist with dealing with legal queries from fee earners across the firm. You will work with members of our Knowledge and Library teams, reporting to the heads of Library and Knowledge. This role is a 12-month contract with the potential to extend.
This is an exciting opportunity for a researcher to join our friendly and motivated Knowledge and Library teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of tasks, including monitoring enquiries received by the teams, carrying out legal research, responding to and coordinating responses.
You will work with members of our Knowledge and Library teams, reporting to the heads of Library and Knowledge. You will be involved in:
- legal research – carrying out research;
- managing research requests sent to the library and knowledge teams – assess and allocate to the relevant team;
- contributing to the firm’s knowledge database;
- current awareness –monitoring legal developments and legislation; and
- assisting with library and knowledge projects as required.
- hold an honours degree in Law or a qualification in which Law was taken as a major subject; and/or
- be a qualified solicitor, barrister, lawyer or law librarian; and
- have at least 3 years’ post qualification experience with practical experience in conducting legal research.
Candidates will also be able to demonstrate:
- excellent research skills and an understanding of the legislative process in EU and Ireland;
- a working knowledge of online and print legal resources;
- strong case law analysis and statutory interpretation skills;
- a high level of computer literacy and excellent MS Office skills.
· Excellent remuneration and benefits package; pension, healthcare & bonus.
· Strong career progression opportunities.
· Flexible/hybrid working arrangements.
· Friendly, open and informal working atmosphere.
· Focus on employee involvement, wellbeing and success.
· Social events, clubs and initiatives (Green Team, Working on Wellness, subsidised fitness classes, MHC RISE, Diversity, Sports & Social and Art Committee)